- Ingredients -
For the salad:
- 2 large skin-on chicken breasts (about 200g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 170g Florette Classic Crispy
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Slices of baguette bread, chopped into quarters
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp Greek strained yogurt
- Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 15 basil leaves, plus extra leaves to serve if desired
- 10g finely grated parmesan, plus extra shavings to serve if desired
- Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Place the chicken breasts in a resealable food bag with the oil, lemon juice, paprika and garlic. Season with salt and pepper then massage the marinade into the chicken. Set aside for at least 15 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the sunflower seeds on a small baking tray and roast for 15 minutes until turning golden. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a medium, ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken breasts to the pan, skin-side down, and fry for 5 minutes, pressing them down from time to time to help brown the skin evenly all over. Turn and fry on the flesh side for 2 minutes, then transfer the pan to the oven for 12 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to rest for 10 minutes on a chopping board.
- For the croutons, take the slices of baguette bread cut into quarters and drizzle with olive oil before putting in the oven. When they turn a medium brown, turn them over to cook on the other size.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whizzing 2 tbsp yogurt, the lemon zest, basil and parmesan with a pinch of salt and pepper in a small blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp yogurt.
- Arrange the salad leaves and sliced avocado on plates. Slice the chicken and arrange over the top with the croutons, spooning over any cooking juices from the frying pan (warm them through if needed).
- Spoon over the basil and parmesan dressing and scatter with the roasted sunflower seeds and croutons, parmesan shavings and extra basil leaves to serve.